Call for Papers
ChWFM 2012 - Third International Workshop on Formal Methods
Background and Location
Held in conjunction with XXXI International Conference of the Chilean
Computer Science Society (http://jcc2012.pucv.cl), it will be hosted
by the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso.
The Workshop on Formal Methods aims to bring together members of the Latin American scientific community (extending to the world community) that research on formal methods, to incentive and to promote the interchange of knowledge, spreading of scientific work, discussion of proposals, and the collaboration between researchers and students.
We invite to submit technical papers presenting original research on
practical and theoretical aspects of formal methods, articles have to
be formatted by the following rules:
Type of file: PDF
Length: maximum 10 pages, including abstract of at most 130 words
Format: IEEE-CS 8,5'' x 11'' - letter USA - two columns.
All submitted papers will be peer-reviewed by members of the program committee. Submitted papers will be judged on the basis of significance, relevance, correctness, originality, and clarity. Submitted papers must be unpublished and not submitted for publication elsewhere. Selected papers will be published in the post-conference proceedings by IEEE Computer Society.
For submission use Easychair: https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=jcc2012 and then select the track of the III Workshop en Métodos Formales.
At least one author of each accepted paper is required to register by October 19, 2012, and attend the conference to present the work. Authors who submit papers are implicitly assumed to agree with this requirement. Failure to do so will imply the removal of the paper from the program. Each article must have at least one full registration associated, this rule does not apply when all authors are students.
- Paper submission Deadline:
August 3rd, 2012 at 23:59 UTC-12.(CLOSED)
- Notification of acceptance: September 10th, 2012.
- Camera- Ready: October 1st, 2012.
- Workshop date: 12-16th November, 2012.
Topics of Interest
- Tools for formal methods: tool support and software engineering.
- Theoretical foundations: specification and modelling, refining, static analysis, model-checking, verification.
- Applications of formal methods: in industry, case studies.
- Teaching of formal methods: pregraduate and postgraduate courses.
- Role of formal methods: formal methods in hardware and system design.
Program Committee Chairs
- Marco Bozzano, Fondazione Bruno Kessler, Italy
- Linda Brodo, Università di Sassari, Italy
- Rubén Carvajal-Schiaffino, Universidad de Santiago de Chile (Chair)
- Giorgio Delzanno, Università di Genova, Italy
- Eric Madelaine, INRIA Sophia Antipolis, France
- Silvia Tapia-Tarifa, University of Oslo, Norway